AFGHAN HOUND CLUB of SCOTLAND
Saturday 24th August 2019
Thanks most go to the committee for the invite to judge at their 45th championship show, I had the most enjoyable day, temperments were great, coats, on the whole, were of lovely silky texture, straight and well-groomed, a few artificial saddles. only one dog with knots, Toplines are improving, and not so many flat croups, though, on the downside, there were a lot of heavier heads, which should be watched, and poor muscle tone, there is no excuse for lack of exercise
My Dog CC and RCC both stunning examples of Afghan hound males, who should makeup easily, under judges who know their stuff,
Veteran Dog (2,1)
1st. HURL R & J - Javidan Kiss The Sky Over Tarakhi, What a great start to the day to see this super Shaded Masked Red boy enter the ring. He has a fabulous profile when stacked, attractive head and dark eye, level topline and correct fallaway, he loves his time in the ring, and moves with great enthusiasm, as always his beautiful red coat was turned out to perfection by his adoring owners - Best Veteran Dog
Minor Puppy Dog – No Entries
Puppy Dog - No Entries
Junior Dog (3)
1. THOMPSON R & J - Drishaun The Vampire Lily Via Gothika, Shaded gold, looked a picture stacked, he is one which when you look around the ring, he grabs your attention, being such a smart upstanding youngster, he has so much to like. He appealed for overall size and shape, though his head could be somewhat more refined for my taste, lovely dark well-shaped eye, and going over him I was pleased with what I found under his coat, right length of neck into correctly placed shoulders, level topline, prominent pin bones, good fall away, nicely angulated fore and aft, deep chest and correct big feet, his movement is true and parallel coming and going, he moved well in profile with plenty of reach and drive with his ringtail raised, handled and presented excellently, I can see a bright future ahead of him, I was pleased to award him the RCC
2. MOYES E & B - Bryelis Rebel Heart, another lovely young dog, super to go over, attractive head and dark eye. Different type to the winner and comes in a more refined package, well made throughout which showed in his movement which is light and effortless, I wish he would raise his head and tail more, I am sure that will come with age and confidence as he matures, one to watch
3. Zandahar Xcuse Me Mister
Yearling Dog (1)
1. ANDERSON M & L - Zandahar Tartan Xplorer, well-grown shaded gold, good outline stacked, lots to like, though his head is on the heavier side, its not displeasing, has a dark well-shaped eye, right length of neck, level topline and correct set on ringtail, well-angulated front and rear, he shows and moves well in profile with smooth ground covering strides, though he needs to tighten behind, as I would like him tidier as he goes away, coat presented well another who should have a bright future when he fully matures, and everything comes together
Novice Dog (1)
1. HURL R & J - Zandahar Xcuse Me Mister, Heavy coated Silver Brindle, just a big goofy clown, he is so full of mischief, and he would rather play and have fun, which is fair enough, as he is still young, brother to 1st in YD, much of the same remarks apply, head needs refinement and needs to tighten behind,
Undergraduate Dog (1)
1. MOYES E & B - Bryelis Rebel Heart - 2nd in Junior
Graduate Dog (3)
1. FRENCH M & W - Sitana Bijali Toofan At Zalmeerah, B/M Gold, lovely headpiece, with super dark eyes, good lay of shoulder and return of upper arm, level topline, good depth of chest and spring of rib, showed and moved well,
2. McCORMACK V - S/ M pale gold, his head being self masked, I found a little plain, and on the heavier side, he has good colour eyes, he showed and moved well, I would prefer a more defined outline when stacked,
3. Shine On You Crazy Diamond At Ruannas
Post Graduate Dog (5)
1. ABREY D - Karagez Tame The World (imp Russia) bl/br, one who I have watched since he came to our shores two years ago, now maturing into the most handsome and beautifully balanced hound, has the most fabulous head and expression, strong punishing jaw, triangular-shaped eye, low set ears. Slightly arched neck of excellent length, smoothly leading into well laid back shoulders, correct length of upper arm, firm level topline, which he keeps on the move, short rockhard loin, prominent pin bones and well-defined fall away with low set on ringtail. Good spring of ribs and depth of chest, huge feet, well angulated and well-muscled sweeping rear quarters, which he uses to cover the ground with his super length of stride and excellent reach and drive. He is a fidget and can give his handler a difficult time, but he is always presented in fantastic hard muscular condition, and his dead straight, silky coat is groomed to perfection. Just so much to like about this dog, he should never be overlooked, I was honoured to award him his first CC and thank you to the referee Brian Mcphillips who made him Best In Show.
2. REED A - Cloudside Sunstrike, Silver brindle another with a nice head and dark eye, complementary angles front and back, move with verve and style, but I would like more forward reach, as always he put in an excellent performance,
3. Gilari Rosso Corsa
Mid Limit Dog (6)
1. JAMES & JAMES E & I - Sitana Aag Toofan, Pale gold with a balanced head and dark eye, the right length of neck and correct shoulder, level topline, good depth of chest, well-angulated rear, lovely open stride with ringed tail correctly carried, a close decision between these brothers in 1st and 2nd
2. BOVEY C & CJ - Sitana BarisaToofan Karianca, another with much to like, same remarks apply, everything in the right place, I just preferred the cleaner look of Toofan's shoulder and topline when viewing in profile
3. Shimalma Rum Runner
Limit Dog (5)
1. CULLEN T - SyrdaryaToffypop At Ewevisska, Brindle, who is well-balanced, has a pleasing head with dark eye, good front and rear, level topline, good fallaway and tail set. Moves out well, though he would look better with his head raised a little more, well turned out
2. GRIFFEN M & J - Pahlevi Da Vinci At Lazakhan, Black in excellent condition, likeable head and dark eye, good front and rear, moved well, an immense coat that is expertly presented
3. Palamedees Taboo at Zalmeerah
Open Dog (4,1)
1. EDWARDS & GILBERT J R - Altside Mr Wickam, Dark brindle, masculine head with dark eye, strong neck just wish it had more length to it, well-laid shoulder, deep chest, level topline, such a showman and powerhouse on the move, plenty of reach and drive, handler as always getting the best from his charge, shown in fabulous condition
2. BELLO HERRERA K - Multi Int CH Eyes Gazing You Takin To Me (ATC), Red brindle, on initial inspection, I thought this dog would be my class winner, he has an excellent shape in profile. Sound front and rear, level topline, ringtail. Today when moving, he looked lack lustred and had lost his usual sparkle, and he didn't show as well as I know he can, the long journey may have taken its toll, superbly presented and handled
3. Khamis Pacific Tiger ShCM
Champion Dog (1)
1. APPLEBY L J J & M - CH IR CH Davashey To Tell The Truth, Dark brindle, what a showman, looks like he could go all day, never letting his handler down, worthy champion, with everything in the right place, handled and presented wonderfully
JUDGE: Jo Smith ( Zhaqqari)
AFGHAN HOUND CLUB OF SCOTLAND. 24th August 2019
I had some very beautiful bitches waiting for me at the AHCS. A lot of my decisions were very close. Movement was my deciding factor. However the floor surface did not help and sadly they paid the penalty. It was also very hot and that also affected some exhibits.
I had a few concerns. Some exhibits were very overweight whilst some were very thin! I was shocked at the number lacking in good muscle condition. I also had some that would not look amiss in the dog ring. I had no bad mouths and all were well presented with no knots. Temperaments were excellent
Special thanks go to my steward Alex Gilcrist for keeping things moving and making it a very pleasurable day. Also thanks to the committee for making me very welcome. Altogether a really nice show with a lovely atmosphere.
Veteran ( 1) Link’s – Multi Ch.PAHLEVI DISCO DANCER AT ORASHAN. I have liked her since she was a tiny puppy. A 7 year old black in beautiful, rock hard condition that showed in her movement. Beautiful head, eye and expression. Long neck into well laid /angulated shoulders. Level topline and good depth of brisket. Low set ringed tail carried correctly on the move. Well angulated hind quarters. Her movement is effortless. She is light on her feet and covers a lot of ground. She went onto to win BVIS. A worthy winner.
Minor puppy – no entries
1)Noble /Wilcox- Aqua’s The Bitchisback At Bichoux.(Imp Usa) 11months shaded masked gold. What a little cracker. I loved her head which is refined and well balanced. Good well shaped dark eye and profuse puppy whiskers. Long neck leading into good shoulders. Short level topline. Correctly set ringed tail carried correctly on the move. Well angulated hindquarters. She certainly knows how to move. A real showgirl. One for top honours. BEST PUPPY IN SHOW.
2)Nisbet /Forrester – Pramya Hot But Not Blonde At Finix ( Imp Fin) Eye catching black/silver of a type that greatly appeals to me. Beautiful head, eye and expression. Longest of necks. Excellent shoulders. Deep chest. Level topline. Well angulated hind quarters. Good croup. She has a long easy stride covering plenty of ground. Unlucky to meet 1 today.
3) MacKenzie – Villisilkin Alicia Of Eilthir (Imp Fin )
1)Nisbet/Forrester – Zandahar Exclusively For Finix Black/silver. Excellent head, eye and expression. Long neck into well angulated shoulders. Sound front. Short level topline. Well sprung ribs and deep brisket. Presents an excellent outline when stacked and holds it on the move. Carrying the correct body weight. Well angulated hindquarters with good muscle condition. Well set ringed tail carried correctly on the move. Well presented. Her movement is correct with lift and drive and covering plenty of ground. It was my pleasure to award her the Res CC
2) Charltons- Drishaun Lily Among The Thorns At Nyanza. Shaded masked red with a deep rich saddle. Beautiful head and correct eye giving good expression. Long neck into good shoulders. Short level topline. Well angulated fore and aft. Not quite the depth of chest as the winner. Well presented. One of the ones that did not like to floor surface.
Yearling (3 1)
1)Nisbet/Forrester Zandahar Xclusively For Finix
2) Sanghera – Tulak Driving Miss Daisy To Sitana. Feminine shaded masked cream. I liked her head eyes and expression. Long neck into good shoulders. Well angulated fore and aft. Good depth of brisket and spring of ribs. Good body weight. Sound front. Level topline. Sadly today the floor surface let her down and she was not moving as I know she can. Excellent presentation.
3)Squires/ Stevens – Jazzmeenah Bana Moonbow At Tabordane
1) MacKenzie –Villisilkin Alicia Of Eilthir. 3rd in puppy. Shaded masked Red with a natural red saddle. Nice head, eye and expression. Good neck. Level topline. Well angulated. Good body weight and muscle condition. Moves out well covering the ground. Needs to drop in brisket. Well presented.
2) Collins- Pride And Prejudice Fyrverkeri. 3year old self black. She has a very pretty head with good dark eyes giving the correct expression. Good neck and short level topline. I would prefer more angulation fore and aft. She also needs to drop in brisket and needs to carry more body weight. Her coat also needs attention. A happy little girl that moves out well.
1) Noble /Wilcox – Aquas The Bitchis Back At Bichoux.1st in puppy.
2)Sinclairs Joneca Ash N’embers At Gothikland. Shaded masked red. Good head eye and expression but I would prefer a slightly more refined skull. Long neck into good shoulders. Level topline. Low set ringed tail carried correctly on the move. Good spring of rib and depth of chest. Well presented.
McCormacks – Tuluk Never Been Kissed. Shaded masked cream/gold. Pretty, feminine head with dark well shaped eyes and good expression. Long neck into well angulated shoulders. Short level topline. Low set correctly carried ringed tail. Excellent spring of rib and depth of chest. Carrying the correct body weight. Well muscled. Moved out well.
Post Graduate( 5)
1)McDonald/McQuade/Hindleys – Laava’s Mini Me’z At Birkhall. Stunning self masked gold that caught my eye when she entered the ring. I was not disappointed. Beautiful head eye and expression and chiselling. Long neck into excellent shoulders. Level topline. Good croup. Low set ringed tail. Well angulated hindquarters, Good depth of brisket and spring of rib. Carrying correct weight. Long silky coat that was beautifully presented. Deep natural saddle. Covers the ground well. I really liked her.
2) Parkers – Saxonmill Jean Genie At Khatira. I have always been a big fan of this back/Silver. Feminine head with good eye and expression. Good neck leading into excellent shoulders. Level topline . Good fall away and low set tail. Well angulated hindquarters. Her movement is breathtaking. She has such a long easy stride. Sadly today she was badly lacking in body weight .
3)Waggett and Wilkinsons- Saxonmill Bang Bang Clenagh
Please find below and attached my reports for Afghan Hounds- AFGHAN HOUND CLUB OF SCOTLAND.
Mid Limit (5)
1)James – Gilari Vermillion Venus J.W. Shaded masked Red. Beautiful head with excellent eyes and expression. Long neck into excellent shoulders. Short level topline. Low set ringed tail carried correctly on the move. Good spring of rib and deep brisket. Carrying the correct weight and in good muscular condition. Well presented. Moves out really well covering the ground. Down to the last few in the challenge.
2)Thompsons- Drishaun Black Rose At Gothika. Jw. Black/tan. I have admired this young lady for some time. Beautiful feminine head with excellent eyes and expression. Good neck and shoulders. Level topline. Good spring of rib and depth to chest. Sound front. Level topline. Well angulated hindquarters. Good fall away and low set ringed tail. An enthusiastic mover that covers the ground well. In excellent muscle condition.
3)Harris- Devanmarn Magic Touch At Portianja
Limit(7 1) 3 of my favourite bitches headed this class.
1) Gizewska- Saxonmill Zan Zan. Black/silver of the type that I love and admire. She scored highly in her head which is refined and feminine. Beautiful dark eyes and excellent expression. Beautiful outline when stacked and on the move. Long, strong neck leading into excellent shoulders. . Sound front. Low set ringed tail carried correctly on the move. Short level topline. Good spring of rib and depth of brisket. Carrying the correct body weight. Well angulated hindquarters. Moves true back and front and moves out well. Presented in excellent coat and condition. My pleasure to give her the CC ( her 2nd) and eventually RBIS on referees decision.
2) Moon/Fillis Moon- Maringo Drop Dead Gorgeous. Another of the type I greatly admire. A big favourite of mine since she was a small puppy. I have watched her grow into a very beautiful lady. She has a beautiful refined head with dark eyes and excellent expression. Long neck into excellent shoulders. Good depth of brisket. Low set ringed tail carried correctly on the move. Sadly today she was carrying far too much weight that affected her topline and to some extent her movement. She strides out well with plenty of reach and drive. Presented in excellent coat.
3)Waggetts- Just For You De Koulangar At Clenagh Jw ( Imp Fr)
Open ( 5 2)
1)Link’s – Ned Ch. Popovs Bora Bora At Orashan( Imp Ned) Black masked Gold with a beautiful feminine head good dark eyes and an excellent expression. Long neck into good shoulders. Level topline. Good spring of rib and depth of brisket. Short level topline. Low set ringed tail carried correctly on the move. Carrying good body weight and in excellent muscular condition. A free, easy mover covering plenty of ground. Presented in excellent coat and condition. Down to the last few in the challenge.
2) Millwards_ Alouann Wishes N’ Dreams.I gave her beautiful mother 1st at Crufts. This rangy, patterned self white/cream I have admired for a long time. Totally different type to the winner Lovely head, eyes and expression. Long strong neck into excellent shoulders. Level topline. Sound front. Good spring of rib and depth of brisket. Well angulated hindquarters. Low set ringed tail carried correctly. Standing she has a beautiful outline. Sadly today she had no enthusiasm when moving. Presented in excellent coat and condition.
3)McDonald/ McQuade/Hindley. Nightwind What A Girl At Birkhall (Imp Deu)
What a dilemma this class was! Each one deserved 1st place. Thank you for bringing them.
1) Hitch/Barley Ch. Zhivas Sunrise Surprise Of Zendushkas. Shaded masked red with a deep red saddle. Ideal in size and substance. Beautiful head, eyes and expression. Excellent shoulders Short level topline. Good deep chest and spring of ribs. Carrying the correct weight. Low set ringed tail carried correctly on the move. A real power house on the move and with personality plus. I just love her.
2) Locket –Davies - Bondor A Goldenage Over Rhazmakh. Jw ShCm. A long time favourite of mine. Rangy silver brindle and totally different to the winner. Excellent head eyes and expression. Long neck into excellent shoulders. Sound front. Level topline. Good deep chest and spring of ribs. Well angulated hindquarters. Low set ringed tail. Covers the ground easily with a long easy stride. Presented with good body weight and in excellent coat and condition.
3) Appleby/Minchin/Edwards/Mulvaney- Ir Ch. Affietar Glen Isla
Pat Latimer ( Judge)