Afghan Hound Club of Scotland Open Show
Saturday 9th June 2018
Thanks to the club for my judging appointment, fantastic after show buffet lunch and lovely gifts. As always it’s an honour to judge my beloved breed. I would also like to thank my steward Kimberley McKenzie for keeping everything running smoothly. It was a lovely relaxed atmosphere and I hope the exhibitors enjoyed their day as much as I did. Thanks to everyone who brought their beautiful hounds for me to go over. The quality was good and there were some close decisions. The weather was lovely, but I think it was better for the dogs as it was very hot by the time bitches were in the ring.
Puppy Dog (3,1)
1. Hunter’s Neptune De Koulanger at Sulahmara. Shaded masked gold dog. Masculine head with dark eye, correct scissor bite, strong neck with good length, shoulder nicely laid back, deep chest , level top line, balanced angles fore & rear with good length from hip to hock, ring tail, giving his handler a hard time on the move but once settled covered the ground well . BPD
2. Ferguson & Mosienko’s Altside the Performer. Dark brindle, nice head with loads of monkey whiskers, dark eye with nice expression, good depth of chest, level top line, profuse coat, tight ringed tail, erratic on the move and giving his handler a hard time.
Junior Dog (1)
1. Neptune De Koulanger at Sulahmara
Yearling Dog (2)
1. Nisbet & Forrester’s Saxonmill Rebel Rebel at Finix. Black & tan, masculine head with dark triangular eye, arrogant expression, correct scissor bite, strong neck, well laid shoulder, short strong loin, deep chest with well sprung ribs, prominent pin bones, good croup, nicely balanced dog with went bent stifle, well set on ringed tail carried correctly on the move, covered the ground with a lovely spring in his step and long powerful strides. Didn’t let his handler down on the move even in the hot sun during the challenge, couldn’t deny him BD & BIS
2. Gleed & McPherson’s Khorinya’s Habutai Silk. Self masked white, refined head with dark eye and good pigmentation, scissor bite, good neck, shoulder well back, level top line and prominent pin bones, longer cast than 1, moved well but a bit distracted.
Post Grad Dog (No Entries)
Limit Dog (2)
1. Langer’s Khamis Huckleberry ShCM. Cream with pleasing chiselled head & dark correctly shaped eye, long neck into well laid back shoulder & good angles fore & rear, level top line, deep chest & good spring of ribs, short strong loin, good croup, prominent pin bones, good bent of stifle, hocks well let down, ring tail well set on, balanced dog who covered the ground with a springy gait and long strides. RBD
2. Leitch’s Khamis Panama Red. Tall gold with good head, dark triangular eye, long neck, good shoulder, level top line, prominent pin bones, good length from hip to hock, ring tail, moved well but not the reach and spring of 1.
Open Dog (4.2)
1. Leiper’s Joneca Suede. Oyster brindle, elegant head, dark eye & pleasing expression, long neck leading into well laid back shoulder, deep chest & good spring of rib, level top line, prominent pin bones, good croup, ring tail well set on and carried well on the move, sweeping rear quarters, covered the ground well with a long strides & a springy gait.
2. Moyes & Hunter’s Cloudside Emperor Rules Bryelis JW ShCM. Dark brindle, strong head with small dark triangular eye, strong neck, well laid shoulder, deep chest, level top line, balanced angles fore & rear, moved well just not the covering the ground as well as 1.
Veteran Dog/Bitch (2.2)
Puppy Bitch (4)
Lovely class of puppies and some hard decisions, really splitting hairs with these babies.
1. Leiper’s Joneca Dynamite. Gold, lovely head, well shaped dark eye and wicked expression, long neck, well laid back shoulder, good angles fore & rear, level top line, deep chest & nicely sprung rib cage, well let down hocks, playing her handler up a bit but moved with spring and a good length of stride once settled. BPB & BPIS
2. McCormack’s Tulak Never Been Kissed. Lovely self masked pale gold, feminine head full of monkey whiskers and dark well shaped eye, balanced puppy, correct croup & tail set, a little unsettled today but showed flashes of lovely free & easy movement, should have a bright future. Close up on 1.
3. Sinclair’s Joneca Ash N’ Embers.
Res.Steven’s Jazzmeenah Bana Moonbow at Tabordane.
Junior Bitch (No Entries)
Yearling Bitch ( No Entries)
Post Graduate Bitch (1)
1. Leitch’s Khamis Razberi Kiss. Beautiful elegant cream, feminine head, dark well shaped eye, long neck that flowed into well laid back shoulder, balanced throughout, level top line, prominent pin bones, good length form hip to well let down hock, correct croup, ring tail well set on, covered the ground easily with a light springy gait, shame she wouldn’t raise her tail on the move. Just my cup of tea and my find of the day. RBB
Limit Bitch (4)
1. Leitch’s Khamis Priority One. Shaded masked gold, elegant feminine head, dark eye, lovely expression, long neck into well laid back shoulders, good return of upper arm, deep chest, level top line, short loin, prominent pin bones & sweeping hindquarters, well presented, moved well covering the ground with ease.
2. Gleed & McPherson’s Tamariki Fire in The Sky. Gold with good head and dark eye, long neck, good shoulder, deep chest, level top line, good fallaway & tail set, longer cast that 1, moved well with long strides.
3. Black & Howie’s Khamis Prada at Chinzaes.
Res. MacMillan’s Andizhan Czarina.
Open Bitch (2.1)
1. Glichrist & MacLennan’s Sumakandi Into The Light at Khawari. Black masked dark gold, beautiful head, darkest of eyes & lovely wicked expression, long neck leading into well laid back shoulder, good return of upper arm, well angled front & rear, deep chest, level top line, strong well muscled loin, good croup and well set on tail, well boned and in good muscle tone, presented to perfection, lovely flowing movement covering the ground well. BB & RBIS
Judge – Cath O’Donnell (Javidan)